Water/Government Affairs Internship
Wonderful Orchards LLC
Wonderful Orchards is California's largest grower of pistachios, almonds and pomegranates. Headquartered near Bakersfield, CA the company farms 86,000 planted acres in the Central Valley. Over its many years in operation, Wonderful has demonstrated a strong entrepreneurial spirit of commitment to innovation and growth from its owners, management team and associates.
Our internships offer hands-on experience with mentorship from experienced professionals! Summer interns are selected to assist department managers in specific operations of the farming business, which are related directly to students' course of study. Interns receive excellent experience to supplement classroom education.
Student interns for the water/government affairs team will assist in gathering research affecting various aspects of water resources management and government affairs for Wonderful Orchards. Activities include attending meetings and conferences, research and writing, and preparation of presentations. Areas of research include state-wide and area specific water usage, supply and regulatory information, Sustainable Groundwater Management Act issues, impacts and factors influencing Sacramento and San Joaquin Delta habitat and water supply and other current events and issues related to water management. Interns will engage with external customers, various departments and management levels including ranch support, accounting, and ranch management.
College upperclassmen (juniors & seniors); Other levels may possibly be considered
* Major in Ecology, Agriculture, Engineering, Water Resource Management, or other related field preferred
* Computer proficient in Word, and Excel, and use of the Internet
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Research and analysis skills
* Ability to write and present reports as requested
- Combination office/field work; Standard office hours with occasional overnight travel
- Possession of a valid driver's license and safe driving record is required.
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.