Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Senior Water Resources Project Manager
Dewberry Consultants LLC is seeking a Sr. Water Resources Project Manager for the Fairfax Water Resource Department working under the Transportation Service Line. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting team of professionals. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a fantastic working environment and an opportunity to be provide innovative and creative design solutions to water resource projects. Typical projects involve assisting federal, state and local clients in completing drainage design, stormwater management, floodplain management and other watershed planning for Design-Build and Bid-Build projects.
- Managing multiple projects and design teams
- Managing watershed and storm water management planning and design;
- Overseeing water quality and quantity analysis;
- Provide technical assistance for hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, using a variety of techniques and models (e.g., HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS).
- Manage and review floodplain mapping and assisting with written reports such as study narratives documenting floodplain studies.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, work scopes, and cost estimates.
- Serve as a mentor and assist the junior level staff/peers within the department.
- Contributes technically on regulatory compliance reports and presentations.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of water resources engineering;
- Active P.E. in VA , or ability to obtain one rapidly through reciprocity;
- Knowledge/experience with the following models/software; HEC-RAS, HEC23, HEC18, MicroStation, HEC-HMS, ArcGIS
- Experience in watershed and storm water management, water quality sampling methods and protocols, surface hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage, erosion and sediment control, and watershed/waterway modeling.
- Strong working knowledge of Virginia Department of Transportation Drainage design and hydrology and hydraulic analysis preferred.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.