The Senior Programme Manager will report directly to the CEO, and be responsible for delivering a series of high-profile projects that support global industries to improve their impact on sustainable development.
Through these projects, funded by international agencies and governments, Earth Security Group engages, mobilises and collaborates with the private sector to identify business solutions and financial innovation models to address critical development challenges.
Therefore, the successful candidate will be someone that combines research and analytical skills for identifying industry risks and opportunities in sustainable development; the experience in convening and mobilizing the private sector to collaborate on sustainability solutions; and a practical and entrepreneurial spirit that seeks to lead to tangible business impacts.
The candidate will have a good understanding of the role of the private sector in sustainable development, as well as hands-on experience in promoting sustainable business models in the fast-paced political environment of developing countries and in collaboration with government agencies.
As a Senior Programme Manager, the candidate will be responsible for:
1. Implementation of projects (80%): From project inception to project delivery, the candidate will be responsible for driving the research, advancing an impact roadmap and mobilizing a network of champions necessary to achieve impact. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for:
- Lead the research and development of high-quality reports: Application of research and analytical skills, where his/her written reports demonstrate a strong methodological and research excellence. He/she will require an interest in advancing business sustainability opportunities and provide evidence of past written public reports targeted to a business audience. In doing so the candidate will be able to guide and collaborate effectively with analysts in the team.
- Mobilise a network of private sector stakeholders: The candidate will have experience in engaging the private sector on development opportunities, and will actively involve relevant stakeholders by initiating and facilitating interviews, meetings and workshops, to move forward the recommendations that where identified through the research.
- Manage client relationships: The candidate will be externally facing and a point person for clients and donors regarding the day-to-day management of projects. This will require candidates to have experience in managing client relationships at the practical implementation level, reflect a highly professional image when representing the company, and provide input to the development of project proposals.
- Lead programme delivery teams: The candidate will be expected to have excelled at high-quality research oriented to senior executive audiences in the past. While driving forward research for projects, the candidate will coordinate the work of other analysts as part of the overall project development. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that this process provides a positive learning environment alongside the delivery to tight deadlines.
2. Institutional and business development (20%): As Senior Programme Manager, the candidate will initiate, develop and maintain new relationships with institutional partners, prospective clients and donors. He/she will proactively pursue the identification of funding or client opportunities, working in collaboration with the CEO to write proposals and advance the development of funding for existing and new programmes.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a relevant institutional setting.
- Relevant experience in engaging the private sector in sustainable development.
- Experience leading research across industry sectors and sustainability issues and publishing public strategic briefings for a senior executive audience (samples to be provided)
- A practical understanding of innovative sustainable business and finance models, mechanisms and strategies.
- Experience mobilizing and facilitating senior leaders in the private sector to engage in sustainable development agendas.
Competencies and skills
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to research, write and develop strategic briefs for senior executives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving attitude, and proven experience leading teams in the delivery of action-research programs.
- High-proficiency in written English (as mother tongue) is essential as well as excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
How to apply
Time and availability: This is a full-time, permanent position.
Required Travel: Travel will be required (5-10% of the total time approximately)
Work permit: The applicant must already have legal permission to work in the UK indefinitely.
Location: Central London/South Bank
To apply: Apply online before Jan 31th, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.