Quantitative Research Analyst
We are looking for a Quantitative Research Analyst to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will combine advanced quantitative skills with a can-do attitude suited to a fast-paced consulting environment.
The role is ideally suited to a current or recent PhD student looking for a position to apply quantitative skills in the field of sustainable development.
The position will involve the design and construction of a country index, including the procurement and management of multiple data-sets from global sources.
The main qualifications of the role include:
- PhD or Masters in mathematics, economics with focus on econometrics, development economics, statistics, environmental sciences or similar fields that require an advanced understanding and use of statistical methods and data-driven analytical research.
- Acute attention to detail, and experience in procuring data from diverse data sources to assemble large datasets, including data cleaning and management, data manipulation, and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of composite index measures.
- Proficiency with Excel and Stata (or other regression software) is essential.
- Background knowledge, understanding and interest in sustainable development issues having used data in the context of a sustainable development research agenda.
How to apply
- Availability: This is a part-time position to start as soon as possible (ideally 3 or 4 days per week).
- Work Permit: The applicant will already have the legal permission to work in the UK.
- Remuneration: Competitive
- Location: Central London/South Bank
- To apply: Apply online before Monday Jan 18th, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.