The Project Coordinator – WASH will assist the PM in overall planning and design of projects and also work closely with the other Project WASH Officers and Assistants in the field to ensure timely delivery of quality construction.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Lead the design and development of all WASH activities (including proposal development).
- Lead the assessment of WASH needs assessment as regularly as required and advise accordingly.
- Monitor quality of WASH work progress as per the agreed proposal and budget.
- Work with the Programme support team, in particular the Logistics and Finance team on Market assessments.
- Supervise and monitor construction of WASH facilities in accordance to approved work plan, budgets, technical specifications and/or terms of reference (ToR), in coordination with sanitation/hygiene team.
- Ensuring that all planning processes and bill of quantities are in line with budget planning, budgetary constraints and in accordance to donor requirements.
- Manage, support and supervise the work of WASH officers and other staff, and Contractors implementing various sanitation and hygiene promotion activities.
- Work with other team members, to contribute in the design, dissemination and monitoring of field related activities;
- Work closely with monitoring and evaluation team and ensure the M&E element of in beaded into WASH work and implementation plan.
- Ensure capacity building and performance management for the relevant staff
- Ensure on the job training of WASH officers, assistants and other field staff including community members.
- Apply NRC’s minimum requirements on accountability to refugees in the implementation of WASH and community engagement activities.
- Supervise WASH activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Ensure CRRF and REHOPE approaches have been in embedded in to pogramme design and implementation process.
- Sensitize the staff on environmental issues and the mitigating measures, so that NRC’s operations meet the minimum standards as set up by the Ministry of Water and Environment and NEMA.
- Ensure that the programme take gender, protection issues fully into account. Ensure safe programming approach is undertaken at all stages of programme implementation.
- Attend WASH coordination meeting at Zonal, district and at national levels as would be required.
- Bachelors Degree Civil Engineering
- Professional qualification in water and sanitation backed by at least 5 years of practical WASH in emergencies experience
- Experience in a humanitarian (emergency) and development WASH programme preferably with an INGO.
- Input to decision making on whether and/or on the scope, size and quality of the programme
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme Problem solving and analysis often involves difficult decision-making based on scenarios and unknown variables;
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential. Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Duty Station: Rhino-Arua /Adjumani/Palorinya
- Travel: Travel expected
- Salary as per NRC Salary provisions
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected