In addition, the Project Assistant – WASH Technical will give guidance to the team in responding to breakdowns, leakages and bursts in the entire water supply system.
- In close guidance from the Project Officer – Water Supply, ensure the monitoring of the water and sanitation operation; this includes BHs, motorization and distribution network, sanitation facilities activities.
- Carry out regular physical and FRS test and report to the Project Officer.
- Make sure all monitoring formats completed and signed off by counter
- Supervise masons, contractors and unskilled labourers during repairs and construction of WASH related facilities (water tap-stands, valve chambers, operator sheds, pipe installations & repairs and other water works).
- Tracking construction materials supplied and utilized during construction
- Monitor closely bursts, leakages and repairs in the water supply network and lead, manage skilled & unskilled work force to maintaining the water facilities
- Responsible for the safe keeping of all water supply tools and materials and at the same time tracking and keeping records on the same
- Supervise the borehole attendants/operators to ensure un-interrupted water supply to the beneficiaries
- Provide technical support to the borehole attendants, tap-stand monitors and WASH Committees in the daily operations and on O&M
- Leads the repair team in pressure regulation for equitable portable water distribution in the reticulation system, in line with the set water regime and SPHERE/UNCHR standards
- In collaboration with the Project Officer – Water Supply and WASH Committees work out practical ways of ensuring equitable distribution of water in the camp
- On a daily and weekly basis record and report to supervisor all the works done in the field
- Update and keep record and data on the daily water production monitoring sheet and submitting it to Project Officer – Water Supply on a weekly basis for reporting.
- Inspect and certify any pipe repair work done by the repair team before backfilling the soil to ensure quality workmanship is maintained
- Approve trench excavations done by contractors to ensure correct depth and width is achieved before pipe installation commences
- Work together with WASH Committees, Community leadership in the field in identification of problematic areas of water reticulation systems with a view of providing sustainable solutions
- Ensure FRC levels are maintained within the acceptable range at the source and tap-stand levels by spontaneous monitoring and sampling.
- Collaborate with other agencies staff during field discussions
- Lead in responding to bursts and leakages in the entire pipeline system
- Supervise laying of pipes and repair of water reticulation system
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Project Officer or Project Coordinator.
- A suitable qualification (bachelor/diploma) in a Water discipline and adequate experiences of working in developing countries. Emergency experience would be highly desirable.
- A minimum of Three or five years proven experience for degree or Diploma holder respectively in working/programming in either relief or development including managing a large scale Community based water project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects
- Good experience in supervising, training, and coaching staff.
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Willingness to work for long
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Duty Station: Rhino-Arua /Adjumani/Palorinya
- Travel: Travel expected
- Salary as per NRC Salary provisions