Chief of Party
SSG Advisors is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. SSG seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
SSG Advisors is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the USAID Sharing Environment and Energy Knowledge (SEEK) Project. The project will support four offices within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3) to enhance development impact through activities under four key tasks: training, communications, knowledge management and facilitation/organizational development. The project objective is to provide services and support to enable four E3 Offices—Forestry and Biodiversity (FAB), Global Climate Change (GCC), Engineering and Infrastructure (E&I) and Water—to improve staff knowledge, skills and abilities; support knowledge creation, capture and use, and share knowledge internally and among a wide range of stakeholders; enhance communication and outreach to inform and engage key audiences using multiple approaches and channels; and strengthen organizational capacity for greater efficiency and learning for improved development impact.
The COP will bear primary responsibility for overall leadership, project planning and implementation and ensuring timely and high-quality deliverables for USAID. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with USAID representatives and other key stakeholders. The COP will be accountable for both the quality of the project, as well as for its effective financial and operational management. S/he will manage a team of technical staff, organizational partners and short-term consultants. The COP is responsible for achieving the expected results of the project.
- Advanced degree (minimum of a Master’s degree required) in environmental science, international development, organizational learning, knowledge management, communications, or another related sector.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of project leadership, oversight and supervisory experience, with significant experience working in international development, preferably on USAID projects.
- Demonstrable experience managing teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and experience with USAID projects, regulations, and compliance requirements desirable.
- Experience managing training, communications, and knowledge management projects preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience in the technical sectors related to the USAID E3 FAB, GCC, E&I and/or Water offices desirable.
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to . Please include “Chief of Party, SEEK” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.