The Water Information Sharing and Analysis Center (WaterISAC) helps its members - water and wastewater utilities in the U.S., Canada and Australia - improve their security and resilience when confronted with terrorism, cyber security threats and other hazards, both natural and man-made. WaterISAC’s member utilities provide safe drinking water and wastewater services to more than 200 million people.
WaterISAC is managed by the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA), and this position is an integral member of the AMWA team. AMWA is a membership organization established to represent water utilities before Congress and federal agencies and provides programs to help utilities be more effective.
The Opportunity and Position:
The Marketing & Member Relations Manager is an exciting opportunity to help grow WaterISAC’s membership, refine the brand, and help utilities protect their consumers and communities from terrorists, criminals and other hazards. This is a new position, exemplifying the commitment to the need for stronger marketing and membership with the central goals of expanding the number of WaterISAC members and the range of member services.
As part of a small, highly integrated team, the right person will be an experienced and results-focused membership development leader and strategist with a particular ability to build external relationships.
The right candidate will take an entrepreneurial approach to creating and implementing a new marketing and membership strategy to steadily grow membership in the coming years. They will welcome the opportunity to strengthen the organizational brand, build member relationships and help develop an expanded approach to member services.
The AMWA/WaterISAC organizational culture is characterized by high standards, innovation and strong team collaboration. The Marketing & Membership Manager will report to WaterISAC’s executive director and managing director.
1. Membership Development
· Works closely with the Managing Director of WaterISAC to develop and implement an effective membership recruitment and retention strategy.
· Conducts outreach to and manages relationships with current and prospective members.
· Develops and is accountable to annual membership development plans with clear strategies and goals.
2. Marketing & Brand Development
· Refines and articulates the organization’s value proposition, translating it effectively to an array of communications platforms.
· Develops a marketing strategy that successfully drives member recruitment, retention, stronger brand value and improved visibility among key audiences.
· Ensures brand and message consistency across all communications platforms including promotional and membership materials, website, social media, presentations, media relations, and more.
3. Data Management
· Utilizes the data program (CiviCRM) to ensure accuracy, consistency and utility.
· Creates and implements membership tracking and forecasting processes.
· Ensures membership information is up to date.
· Employs the database for member outreach via various communications channels.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience with at least three in association or nonprofit membership marketing.
- Strong commitment to the missions of WaterISAC and AMWA.
- Related experience in a utility industry or homeland security-related field a definite plus.
- Comfort and demonstrated success serving both as an external face of the organization and relationship building as well as working internally to build the strategy and systems that will support membership growth.
- Ability to build robust processes that provide timely and accurate information for membership management, outreach and retention.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, self-starting/entrepreneurial environment.
This position works full-time in the AMWA/WaterISAC Washington, DC offices.
AMWA is an equal opportunity employer.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
To apply for this position, please:
1. Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to . Please include “Marketing & Member Relations Manager” in the subject line. Files must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format only.
2. Include a three-year salary history.
3. Include three references.