WaterLex is an international public interest development organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. It is a UN-Water Partner with UN ECOSOC special consultative status. Its mission is to develop sustainable solutions based on human rights standards to improve water and sanitation governance worldwide, particularly regarding consistent water law and policy frameworks. It works with an alliance of interested parties to improve water-governance frameworks, bringing them in line with country obligations under international human rights law. The organization has a secretariat in Geneva, a supervisory board of directors, and a large pool of members and expert advisors.
The International Secretariat (IS) is responsible for the implementation of WaterLex projects and the involvement of members and volunteers in the Organization. It also acts as the organization’s focal point for external stakeholders.
Job: Legal intern 4-6 months
WaterLex would like to hear from potential legal interns who have a strong focus on human rights and ideally water governance, as well as law to support our current research programme.
The following is required:
- University Master’s Degree, with specialisation in water law, human rights law, national or international law, or similar.
- Experience and/or strong knowledge of economic, social and cultural rights, ideally with a focus on the rights to water and sanitation or related human rights
- Experience with research related to governance, policies, and legal frameworks;
- Candidates who do not have practical experience on these elements, but have written papers or assignments are encouraged to highlight these in their application
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Knowledge of Civil Legal System
- Fluent Spanish is required, and French will be considered as an advantage
- This position is 100%, based in Geneva
- Start date: as soon as possible
To apply: Candidates interested in the role may send CVs and cover letters as follows:
Name of CV file should be in the format of LTI- LA_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_CV
Name of Cover Letter should be in the format of LTI- LA_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_Cover Letter (not more than one page)
to Ms. Sharon Wallis at info(at)waterlex.org before end of day 31st January 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.