The purpose of the Business Developer is to build funding partnerships in order to increase WaterAid’s impact, influence and income for our programmes. The role will primarily focus on institutional donors in Finland, Denmark and Norway, but will also work with other donors if and when opportunities arise.
The role of Business Developer will sit within the International Programme Team in WaterAid Sweden, which coordinates programmes funded by Swedish institutional donors and foundations. The team works in close collaboration with colleagues in Sweden and across the federation to build and manage donor relationships, secure new funds for the federation, manage grants and support implementation.
- Develop a strategy to increase income, impact, and influence with the Nordic donors, which is coherent with WaterAid Sweden’s strategy and the federation’s global strategy.
- Develop an engagement plan and annual work plan to deliver the funding strategy, specifically for each donor.
- Set and monitor indicators of success for the strategy, including fundraising targets, and report progress against the funding strategy at regular intervals to ensure that WaterAid is optimising its relationships with the Nordic donors.
- Actively build and cultivate relationships between WaterAid and Nordic donor officials in order to position the federation as a leading WASH actor, and support WaterAid Country Programmes in building and managing relationships.
- Identify and cultivate new opportunities for the Nordic donors and WaterAid to collaborate, and communicate information about opportunities to relevant entities within the federation.
- Undertake regular donor intelligence to seek early information and influence about forthcoming initiatives and priorities, and follow new funding opportunities and aid modalities within the Nordic Governments.
- Development proposals together with programme colleagues and technical advisors, and ensure that all proposals submitted are of a high standard.
- Qualify and coordinate global funding opportunities.
- Grants management of institutional grants, including financial and narrative reporting.
- Contribute to improving processes and routines related to institutional funding.
- Represent WaterAid at meetings and events with Nordic donors and other external stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge, experience and track record of raising funds from Nordic institutional donors (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland, Danida and Norad).
- Demonstrable experience of creating relationships and networks with institutional donors.
- Proven experience of developing and leading on a funding strategy for institutional donors.
- Proven experience of managing institutional grants.
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation, and to identify and create opportunities to influence the Nordic donors effectively and facilitate increasing access to funding.
- Experience of working in a large international organisation, building relationships with colleagues in different entities and countries in order to work effectively and flexibly to achieve impact.
- Ability to analyse the donor environment and identify trends, anticipate changes, be comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Relevant academic background.
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge in Swedish
- Availability to travel approximately 4 -5 weeks per year
- Experience in working on WASH issues
- Experience of developing proposals for and managing EU grants
- Working knowledge of French
Please send your CV and a personal letter to [email protected] by 21 January 2018.
Feel free to email any questions regarding the position to email [email protected] or contact Hannah Morris, Head of International Programmes, on Tel 073 661 22 74. We look forward to receiving your application!