Our Community and Events Fundraising Assistant will support fundraising events projects ranging from established events like the London Marathon, to WaterAid’s bespoke fundraisers such as Tough Sh!t or Just Water. We need someone who can provide an excellent supporter care experience to build engagement with WaterAid. This role involves recruiting, managing and coordinating volunteers and event stewardship plans.
- Support with fundraising projects across the Community and Events team, which could range from established events such as London Marathon and RideLondon, to WaterAid’s own bespoke fundraisers, such as Tough Sh!t or Just Water.
- Act as an initial point of contact for enquiries, providing suitable support and materials where possible and referring enquirers to other team members where appropriate. • Provide excellent supporter care to ensure participants reach fundraising targets and build a deeper engagement with WaterAid.
- Support the marketing and promotion of community and events activities.
- Assist the Community and Events team with the administration of WaterAid’s events. This could include: processing enquiries and registrations, adding participants to race consoles and following up and acknowledging fundraising.
- Respond to volunteer enquiries, coordinate volunteer stewardship plans and recruit and manage volunteers to support on the day of events. • Maintain and update our CRM database, including: relevant data capture, recording, income monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure the Community and Events web and social media pages are up to date, accurate and fully reflect the team’s activities.
- Liaise with other relevant teams across the organisation, especially our Supporter Services team, to ensure they are fully briefed on our upcoming events.
- Maintain stocks and distribute resources to supporters, as required.
- In consultation with the Senior Community Fundraising Officer and Community and Events Fundraising Manager, support with the development of new fundraising events and campaigns.
- Work in collaboration with Officers within the team, promoting cross team working for the fulfilment of all C&E activities.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks requested by the Senior Community Fundraising Officer or Community and Events Fundraising Manager.
- Education to at least A level (or equivalent) standard.
- Experience of community and event fundraising through working or volunteering in the charity sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire supporters and communicate the difference their support makes.
- Experience of working in an office environment, using Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- Ability to provide support to individuals, organisations and companies at all levels.
- Ability to research and collate information from various sources into reports
- Ability to manage own workload, balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Endless enthusiasm, energy and a positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values (Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Innovation, Integrity) and a working style that reflects these.
- Ability to travel and work varied hours, including evening and weekends.
- Education to degree level
- Experience of supporting and motivating volunteers.
- Experience of using a fundraising database
- Understanding of and interest in overseas development
Please note: We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close end one minute before midnight on 14 January. Availability for interview is required on week commencing 22 January.