For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Conduct consultations and collaborative meetings with concerned stakeholders including Core WASH in Schools (WinS) Technical Working Group, DepEd and other partner agencies.
- Develop the methodology with the Core WinS TWG.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documents.
- Gather content by organizing, facilitating, and documenting a series of workshops, FGDs, interviews from resource persons in at least three regions.
- Prepare a user-friendly manual consolidating the results and analysis of the data gathering activities.
- Facilitate review and revision of the draft manual.
- Submit a final version of the manual.
- Inception Report with methodology and tools
- Report on the results of the desk review
- Documentation of the data gathering activities conducted
- Draft versions of the manual for review and feedback
- Final version of the manual
Deliverables will be time bound and deliverable dates will be agreed upon with the consultant before the finalization and signature of the consultancy contract.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in Communication Arts, Education, Education Management, Development Studies, Development Management or other related fields.
- At least 7 years of experience in the development and/or design of manuals, toolkits, information materials, instructional manuals and similar publications.
- Ability to translate technical information into user-friendly manuals.
- Proficiency with the use of tri-media an asset.
- Extensive experience in Qualitative Research
- Experience working with government agencies and local government units is highly desirable.
- Background in WASH/WASH in Schools and/or Education is highly desirable.
- Ability to work well with teams
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and local language