The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe is looking for highly qualified, motivated and experienced candidate for the position of National Programme Officer, Water and Energy Policy for its Office in Dushanbe.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under guidance of the Head of Department and supervision of the Water and Energy Policy Adviser, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Undertakes research for information and data on the water and energy nexus in Tajikistan from available sources (publications, reports, media, etc.) and identifies main issues related to water and energy security, management and governance;
- Analyses evidences and figures related to water management, energy security activities and its environmental and economic implications as well as elaborate reports for relevant bodies;
- Coordinates with the other Office’s Units and the OSCE OCEEA in Vienna in all above mentioned matters;
- Identifies, proposes and designs programmatic activities and projects in line with mandate of the Office and strategy of the Economic-Environmental Department in the sector of water and energy policy and its environmental implications including budget documents in relation to each stage of the Program;
- Contributes towards the preparation of final drafts of the Program Budget proposal, program project implementation plan, planning of activities as per the OSCE requirements;
- Supports implementing partners and consultants in improving their performance and deliverables, provides necessary assistance and suggestions in order to guarantee the correct implementation of the activities;
- Assists in developing a follow-up strategy, including project outlines, documents and proposals as well as financial and other requirements related to the follow-up, in co-operation with implementing partners and governmental authorities;
- Initiates, prepares, facilitates and implements all project activities including monitoring of developments and making adjustments and proposes activities to achieve objectives of the project;
- Drafts analytical reports (assessments, surveys, questionnaires etc.) on specific issues related to environmental issues and the water and energy nexus in Tajikistan;
- Plans, organizes and participates on field research and in this regards drafts questionnaires, identify target groups;
- Plans, organizes and participates on meetings, conferences and other events related to assigned responsibilities, report on recommendations and conclusions;
- Oversees the drafting of relevant financial and administrative documents as requested for OSCE, donors and partners, including contracts with implementing partners;
- Establishes and facilitates cooperation with relevant national and international partners from the government, independent governmental bodies, civic society and relevant regional and international organizations;
- Liaises with OSCE Secretariat as well as with other donors in Tajikistan;
- Performs other duties as required.
- University degree in water and energy related fields, economic sciences, environmental studies;
- Minimum of 2 years professional working experience (preferably in international organizations) in the fields of water and energy security, management and governance;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Russian and Tajik;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Windows and Microsoft applications;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religion and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Core values
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is 1,165.83 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, offline applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of Tajikistan.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.