The incumbent will provide technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process. The Officer prepares, manages and implements a variety of technical and administrative tasks, related to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH output results of the Country Programme.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Task
- Programme development and planning: draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, research on trends; participate in strategic WASH programme planning discussions; prepare technical reports for programme preparation and documentation; contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results as well as related strategies; provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes; prepare required documentation/materials to facilitate review and approval processes.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results: work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners t, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate official and stakeholders; keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned; participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results; monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources(financial, administrative, and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity, report on issues identified; prepare sectoral progress reports for management, donors and partners.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation: undertake field visits and surveys, collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders; report critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action; provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response: Draft requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements, and partnership agreements; study and fully understand UNICEFâ€™s procedures; study and fully understand UNICEFâ€™s procedures for responding in Emergency; take up support roles in an emergency response and early recovery.
- Networking and partnership building: build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts, national stakeholders, and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results; draft communication and information materials, establish partnership/alliances, and support fund-raising for WASH; participate in inter-agency meetings on UNDAF planning; research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building: Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation; assist in the preparation of learning/knowledge products; assist in creating and delivering learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff; participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University (First) Degree in public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
- DEVELOPMENTAL:Â a minimum of two years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries.
- Fluency in French and English (written & oral) is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication – Level II
- Working with People – Level I
- Drive for Results – Level I
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Level I
- Analyzing – Level II
- Learning and Researching – Level II
- Planning and Organizing – Level II
- Applying Technical Expertise – Level II
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Fri Dec 22 2017 09:00:00 GMT-0500 (EST) Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Jan 04 2018 23:55:00 GMT-0500 (EST)