JOB ADVERT – EMERGENCY WASH COORDINATOR
(6 months renewable based on funding)
ORGANISATION – WORLD CONCERN
DUTY STATION: SOMALILAND – HARGEISA
World Concern is a Christian global relief and development agency whose supporters’ faith compels them to extend opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty. We serve nearly 6 million people in 18 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
World Concern is currently looking for a WASH Emergency Coordinator based in its Somaliland / Hargeisa Office. Based on the urgency of the post, interviews will be held on rolling basis for the successful candidate to start immediately.
I: JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Country Director or Programme Manager, the WASH coordinator, will be responsible for capacity building of WASH staff. S/he will also work closely with other WASH sub units to carry out management, training needs assessment and based on the situation analysis develop a long term WASH program.
II: RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
R1: Strengthen and support community based structures for WASH in the operational areas
1.1 Advice and support the programme team and the sector on approaches for improving ownership, management and beneficiary participation in WASH activities.
1.2 Train World Concern staff, WASH committees and other relevant stakeholders/partners on WASH.
1.3 Monitor and evaluate the participation, ownership and inclusiveness of communities in decision making in WASH and assessment activities related to the project.
1.4 Lead the Country team in the design and development of information, education and communication materials (IEC).
1.5 Ensure that the information regarding the programme activities and beneficiaries is regularly captured, stored and analysed according to the established M&E Plan
1.6 Organize regular team coordination meetings
1.7 Submit field visit reports, monthly, quarterly project review reports, and technical progress reports to Programme Manager on time and as required by the project
R2: Promote Effective supervision and collaboration among staff and communities
2.1 Work with WASH team to promote co-operation and coordination as well as promoting effective supervision.
2.2 Guiding the WCDO staffs in planning and execution of facilitation activities.
2.3 Perform office and staff administration work including organizing and holding regular staff meetings and briefings with the program team.
2.4 Promote continuous involvement of the community in sector work and assist community in addressing WASH related issues emerging from the blocks
2.5 Serve as liaison person during joint interventions between the community WCDO, UN, Government of Somaliland and other NGOs.
R3: Capacity Building and Reporting
3.1 Carry out training need assessment for the WASH committee’s / hygiene promoters’/WASH committees and utilize the findings to develop training manuals/packages
3.2 Identify own training needs and share with supervisor for necessary support where possible.
3.3 Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly activity reports and submit to the supervisor including 4 D matrixes.
4.1 Grant writing- Identify potential programing ideas/opportunities and convert them into clear, concise concept notes, proposals with corresponding budgets to increase program funding base.
4.2 Provide well written, informative and timely reports on program activities.
4.3 Network with and maintain good working relationships with the WASH cluster, UN, government agencies, NGO’s and other actors in the country to ensure collaboration and acceptance of World Concern programs.
4.4 Provide assistance to other programs in World Concern as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, hydraulics, water network management, or similar field
· At least two years of program management experience in WASH including a field experience (conflict/ post conflict area) of implementing emergency humanitarian programs
· Working knowledge of repair and maintenance requirement of different water hard wares, bio sand filter and surface water treatment plants
· Experience in training; ability to design and implement training sessions on Water Treatment Plant / hand pump maintenance and repair, water analysis, etc.
· Experience in WASH training methodologies such as CHAST, PHAST, CLTs
· Experience in proposal writing
· Experience in community mobilization and skills in developing the social aspect of water management
· Experience in emergency response required and establishing temporary water points
· Experience on team management
· Preferable experience in organizing and conducting KAP surveys
· Experience with World Concern is an asset
· Humanitarian program implementation/ follow-up
· Good skills in staff management
· Technical support for the staff
· Knowledge of emergency humanitarian strategies
· Good command of initial evaluation tools in emergency contexts
· Writing skills
· Fluent English, written and spoken
· Knowledge of Somali is an asset
· Knowledge in GPS / Google earth
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to [email protected] not later than 5TH January 2018.