The Knowledge Solutions Divisions (KSD), based at GGGI’s Seoul headquarters, supports GGGI’s in-country teams by providing technical and financial know-how. KSD has two closely integrated work streams which underpin the relevance, efficiency, and effectiveness of GGGI’s in-country delivery:(i) Knowledge Services (KS)- comprising knowledge management, development and sharing activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical base for green growth providing concrete options, guidance, and capacity development for policymakers and investors; (ii) Green Investment Services (GIS) – which identify and mobilize innovative financing mechanisms and improve the conditions for public and private green investments.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a new international organization committed to strong, inclusive green growth. We assist developing and emerging countries with integrating their ambitions for strong economic performance and environmental sustainability with the goal of bringing about poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Headquartered in Seoul, GGGI was established by treaty in June 2012 at the United Nations Rio+20 Conference by an initial group of eighteen nations who share the organization’s vision. As of 2015, there are total of 24 Member Countries who joined the organization.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Green Investment Specialist will be part of the GIS department and will report directly to the Head of GIS. The role of the candidate is to develop, deliver and implement financial models and financial modelling tools for GIS projects.
Specifically the GIS specialist will be providing financial expertise to contribute to the development, structuring and implementation of investment and technical assistance projects and funds.
The responsibilities include:
- Work closely with GGGI project managers, conduct financial modelling, structuring, business modelling and investment plans, and (pre) feasibility study for infrastructure investment
- “Conduct policy and market research in the areas of green cities and infrastructure such as energy, water, waste/wastewater, transport sectors”
- Work with other project team members to conduct financial analyses for other projects on an as needed basis
- Draft project related documentation, finalise the terms and conditions of GGGI’s support. Contribute to the operational documents and provide support for internal processing, and coordinate across project components with other team members
- Contribute and conduct analysis of financial viability of projects before they are taken on board by GIS for further development
- Advise on the viability of GIS projects carried out, including in terms of financial and economic sustainability
- Three to seven years-experience in relevant fields, preferably within international environment.
- Advanced university degree in areas such as international business, economics with further financial / economics training (Masters in Finance, MBA or equivalent), urban/civil engineering
- Substantive relevant experience, with sound understanding of finance
- Must possess the ability to develop and read financial models and balance sheets
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: renewable energy, cities and the financing of cities, design of financial instruments, infrastructure project development/assessment/finance, economic/financial analysis of infrastructure investment
- Experience with project finance, private or public sector projects, and/ or in PPP transactions is a bonus.
- Experience with climate finance and investment banking is a huge plus.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, with full knowledge of excel functions
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage a large number of activities simultaneously and to navigate through complex environments
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Oral and written fluency in English
Applications from women and nationals from developing countries are strongly encouraged