About WRI China
WRI China was established in 2008 as WRI’s first country office. Currently, WRI China has programs with focus on sustainable cities, climate, water, energy and green finance. WRI China works closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources – the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
We are associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. WRI has consistently been voted as the No.1 Environmental Think Tank in the world and is recommended by staff as one of the “most desired organizations to work for”. In 2014, WRI was ranked one of the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post.
The World Resources Institute (WRI) China Office is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to join in the China Water Team, which is focusing on the sustainable water governance from the urbanization and water-energy nexus perspectives.
The position will provide analytical, research, writing, communication and administrative supports to develop tools and methodologies for water-energy tradeoff analysis.
The Research Assistant will provide research and administrative assistance to WRI China Water Team, including:
• Assist WRI China Water Team with the research and analysis of energy and water nexus, mainly focus on coal and water nexus
• Coordinate meetings and facilitate various stakeholder events and interaction
• Proofread, edit, and translate working documents
• Assist with project reporting, funding proposals, communication materials, and other project management activities;
• Support other program activities of the WRI China Office upon the request of the supervisor.
• Bachelor or Master degree in water policy and management, environmental economy, environmental policy, or a related field;
• Solid research and writing ability, preferably publication experience;
• Excellent computer and quantitative analytical skills;
• English and Chinese language proficiency;
• Demonstrated capacity to work well under pressure and completing demands with minimal supervision.
• Master degree preferred
• Two years or more experience in relevant field;
• Knowledge of water-energy nexus;
Final candidates will be required to take a writing test.
Position reports to: China Water Lead
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI China offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Duration: full-time regular
Location: Beijing, China
Start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open till filled
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online at http://careers.wri.org/. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
About WRI China
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, non-governmental organizations, and corporate leaders.
WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org and www.wri.org.cn.