Want to use your exceptional relationship building skills to help make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
WaterAid is looking for an experienced Philanthropy manager to proactively solicit new business opportunities, and implement the highest standards of donor stewardship to effectively manage a portfolio of prospective and existing philanthropists.
In return, you can expect to be part of a fast paced team of professionals, dedicated to having the biggest impact. You will also have the opportunity to be part of new opportunities, innovations and the ambition to be leaders in our sector.
Working within the Philanthropy and Trusts Team, the Philanthropy Manager will:
- Build and develop new relationships with new donors with a propensity to give a minimum of £100k per annum.
- Formulate and implement creative solicitation plans to maximise donor engagement and income, delivering against a £450k+ personal income target of new and existing supporters.
- Lead on projects to support the overall growth of the philanthropy team, as well as support the design and delivery of high level events.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with high net worth individuals, maximising the value of existing and prospective supporters as part of a clear strategic plan.
- Proven ability to move forward new business approaches, making asks at a six figure level.
- Ability to understand diverse donor motivations and deliver a bespoke relationship to meet these.
- An excellent work ethic in addition to a positive, can do attitude. The successful candidate will also be confident working independently when needed, with a pro-active, tenacious approach to their work.
We want people who share a commitment to our vision, who have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
You can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also have the chance to grow and space to be yourself at your best.
Our wide range of benefits including agile/flexible working, generous annual leave and additional leave purchase, exceptional pension, employee assistance programme and fitness and social initiatives.
Please note: We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified.