Join the SEI Latin America Centre and be part of the launch of the Institute’s formal presence in this dynamic region. For many years, SEI staff from around the world have managed project engagements in Latin America working in thematic areas as diverse as air quality, environmental governance, trade in agricultural commodities, energy systems, and water management and sanitation.
Now with the full commitment of its Board of Directors, SEI has decided to establish a permanent base in Latin America by opening an office in Bogotá, Colombia. We are looking to build a team of talented and committed environmental and development professionals to contribute to this launch.
We are recruiting an Operations Manager and are looking for a person who is committed to supporting research work carried out in pursuit of a more sustainable future for human communities and natural ecosystems and has demonstrated this commitment through previous professional endeavors.
This role will be responsible for smooth and efficient operation of the SEI Latin America office in Bogotá and will coordinate and manage centre tasks in cooperation with the Centre Director, Headquarters in Stockholm and external local Colombian organizations.
Your main responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all financial reporting to SEI Headquarters in Sweden;
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Team at SEI Headquarters in Sweden, implement all of the policies and procedures related employment within the SEI Latin America Center;
- Develop and maintain marketing materials related to SEI Latin America for use in fundraising;
- Review and approved contracts signed by SEI Latin America; and
- Support all recruitment processes undertaken by SEI Latin America.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly committed person with solid understanding of financial dealings and local Columbian regulations. You have previously worked in a project organization. You will need to speak and write both Spanish and English with a high level of professional competency.
As a person you are solutions oriented and you have the ability to get things done. You are on top of things and enjoy taking the lead in your work tasks. In this role you are a critical person for a successful start of the SEI Latin America Centre and you will need to enjoy getting involved in a range of different tasks.
How to apply
We continuously review applications and encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The final application deadline is 14 January 2018. As we only accept applications through our system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience;
- Curriculum vitae.