Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Water and Environment practice of Ricardo Energy & Environment, offer a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, water companies and developers.
We are looking for an outstanding Business Area Manager to join our team and play an integral role in shaping and delivering our growth strategy. Reporting to the Practice Director, you will ensure the delivery of client solutions that demonstrate technical excellence, whilst exceeding client expectations.
You will lead on a portfolio of client work programmes including a wide range of high profile, complex projects and provide clear project direction which reflects our reputation for high quality solutions. You will also lead on proposals, defining quality outcomes, pricing, budget and scope.
As part of our Senior Team, you will identify external industry developments which will potentially affect our business, and seek opportunities for innovative client solutions. You will also be expected to identify and secure new business, from both existing and new clients.
You will bring extensive technical experience alongside leadership capabilities and a strong track record in client relationship management and business acumen. You will have the drive and determination to succeed and must be comfortable working at Senior level in a consultancy environment.
With an impressive technical reputation and standing, you will be able to demonstrate your experience of directing projects and delivery of client outcomes. You will also have strong project management and report writing skills, probably but not necessarily gained within an environmental or planning consultancy.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of the Water Industry and international work winning is highly desirable.
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline
- Proven track record of developing profitable new and existing business
- Excellent leadership skills which creates motivated and high performance teams
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business at senior management level in a consultancy environment.
- Extensive technical experience alongside a strong track record in client relationship management.
- An impressive technical reputation in your field of expertise externally
- Ability to direct projects and delivery of client outcomes.
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer