Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics water capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Water and Environment Team provides a comprehensive range of specialist services within the water management and environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, water companies and developers.
We have an extensive water projects portfolio and we are looking for an experienced consultant to join our team in Manchester. The role will support the Delivery Manager to lead the team in addition to coaching and mentoring on all aspects of consultancy. The individual will be expected to lead and manage their own projects as well as act as Project Manager for a portfolio of smaller projects. In this client-facing role, the individual must be able to establish strong relationships with clients to win business, but will also write bids and develop business opportunities. From their water consultancy background, the individual must be technically sound in a core water management skill set. They will also have exceptional project management and resource management skills.
- Manage a range of water and environment projects.
- Work effectively with water companies, developers, design engineers, contractors, planners and regulators to help achieve positive outcomes for projects.
- Lead a range of bids, including large and complex proposals, including development of bid storyboard, methodology and presentation at interview.
- Lead, project manage and coordinate a wide range of projects, providing leadership to technical project leads and teams.
- Undertake resourcing for a range of water projects
- Develop follow-on work and new opportunities as they arise from existing work.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers through project and bidding activities. Develop solutions to customer problems.
- Mentor more junior colleagues in all aspects of consultancy and project management and liaise with others up to Director Level.
Key competencies and experience:
- Ideally from a water sector background
- Extensive project management experience of multiple projects simultaneously
- Consultancy experience
- Experience of resource management across multiple projects
- Experience of taking the lead technically on complex projects
- Experience of stakeholder communications and management
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as Physical Sciences, Ecology or Biology and ideally a postgraduate degree
- Full membership of CIWEM or similar professional body
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working skills together with strong communication skills and a close attention to detail
- Well developed team leadership / coaching / mentoring skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent report writing and bid-writing skills
- Ability to give presentations at all levels
- Good IT skills in commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.