Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for a Principal Consultant - Hydrogeology to be based in one of our UAE Offices. The successful candidate will be responsible to support the growth and technical development of its hydrogeology offering, predominantly in the Middle East and potentially assisting internationally.
The key objectives of the role will be to:-
- Prepare and deliver hydrogeological desk studies, feasibility studies and groundwater impact studies.
- Good knowledge of the design and scoping of hydrogeological field investigations, pump testing and groundwater monitoring plans, preparing specifications, undertaking supervision services and managing contracts.
- Understand and can provide dewatering consultancy services.
- Review contractor’s method statements and designs, assess the performance of dewatering systems during construction and operational stages.
- Prepare and deliver groundwater impact, rise studies and groundwater management plans for developments including design of sub-surface drainage system, assess groundwater water quality, groundwater discharge, re-use options and assess irrigation systems.
- Undertake hydrogeological services across the Middle East region and beyond as needed.
- Support multidisciplinary projects by providing hydrogeological consultancy services and reporting at relevant stages of the project design and construction cycle.
- Represent the business internally and externally as appropriate and support national and international business development and client care programmes.
- Help to prepare bids by contributing to and reviewing submissions, and ensuring compliance with bid governance procedures.
- Actively participate in the Group’s business development strategy, with a particular focus on the natural resources (mining) sector.
- Actively engage in key client relationships.
- Work collaboratively with Team Leaders and Project Managers to obtain regular feedback from clients on our performance, and look to cross-sell the wider business.
How will you know when you are successful in this role?
- Updated with Health and Safety objectives and implement them into daily work practices.
- Updated with Quality Assurance and Management Systems and implement them into daily work practices.
- Knowledge about personal training objectives including industry best practice and relevant professional institution training objectives.
- Updated with the minimum 5 No. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training days.
- Have good relationships with colleagues and internal & external clients.
- Work will be of high quality and accurate.
- Meet project and prospect delivery targets and deadlines.
- Have good understanding of commercial issues related to the projects you are working on and be able to contribute to a good financial performance of these projects.
- Your communication skills will enable you to write high quality technical reports.
- Consultant with a high professional standards and work ethics with a commitment to equality, diversity and sustainability
- Clients and others within the business consider you as a trusted advisor in architectural and authorities’ approvals matters.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience
- A degree educated, MSC Hydrogeology preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience required, UAE experience will be given preference.
- Should be a Chartered member from relevant institute.
- Having significant experience in hydrogeology, ideally with some in international mining.
- Familiar with hydrogeological/water balance modelling (preferred but not essential), including FEFLOW, MODFLOW, GoldSIM or similar
- People person, with excellent written and verbal skills. I am able to build excellent client relations through my communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills.