WaterLex is an international public interest development organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. It is a UN-Water Partner with UN ECOSOC special consultative status.
Its mission is to develop sustainable solutions based on human rights standards to improve water and sanitation governance worldwide, particularly regarding consistent water law and policy frameworks. It works with an alliance of interested parties to improve watergovernance frameworks, bringing them in line with country obligations under international human rights law. The organization has a secretariat in Geneva, a supervisory board of
directors, and a large pool of members and expert advisors.
The International Secretariat (IS) is responsible for the implementation of WaterLex projects and the involvement of members and volunteers in the Organization. It also acts as the organization’s focal point for external stakeholders.
The Programme Manager role is to develop and manage WaterLex programmes supporting the Human Rights to Water and Sanitation.
The Programme Manager reports directly to the Director General.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the following:
- Programme Management of water governance projects in the African Region, including WASH and water resource management aspects
- Advancing WaterLex’s Africa region work with international human rights systems and its mechanisms and relevant international legal and political processes
- Policy advisor on water governance, both internally and externally to the organisation
- Organisation of capacity enhancement workshops, including facilitation and preparation of materials
- Development of new projects in water governance and reform, building on existing work, and contributing to proposal development in liaison with the Director General
University Degree in International Law, environmental studies or water governance.
At least 5 years of experience in programme management related to water governance, and/or economic, social and cultural rights.
Experience with international organisations and/or inter-governmental processes. Stakeholder engagement with governments, and water governance and human rights actors.
Fluency in spoken and written English and French is a requirement. Knowledge of additional languages especially Arabic is considered an advantage.
This position is 100%, based in Geneva, and will require some international travel.
The candidate needs to have the legal right to work in Switzerland.
Candidates interested in the role may send CVs and cover letters as follows:
Name of CV file should be in the format of PM_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_CV
Name of Cover Letter should be in the format of PM_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_Cover Letter
Please send a cover letter of not more than one page, with your CV, to Ms. Sharon Wallis at s.wallis(at)waterlex.org before end of day 31st January 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.