Purpose of the job: The WASH Specialist reports to the Deputy Representative or WASH Specialist (Level 4) for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country programme.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required. A first university degree with additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
DEVELOPMENTAL: A minimum of five years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries, including one year deployment in a developing country.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic is required.