The post holder will be part of the Water and Habitat team and work within the ICRC Assistance Division at the headquarter level. He/she will participate in the development of the Unit’s activities by supporting the team in its day to day tasks and by developing technical standards, tools and guidelines.
- Interest in humanitarian issues
- Educational background in the field of civil or environmental engineering
- Know-how of project management and conceptualisation
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Literate in Microsoft Office
- Writing skills and capacity to communicate scientific information to non-specialists
- Proficient in written and spoken English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Autonomy, flexibility, adaptability
- Maximum professional experience: 1 year (2 years if including 1 year traineeship)
The position will be a full-time paid traineeship of 12 months, based at the ICRC headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.