WIN is looking for a dynamic, motivated communications professional to replace our Communications Coordinator from February 2018 (maternity leave cover, 10-month contract).
The Water Integrity Network (WIN) is an NGO and association which supports an open network of individuals, organizations, and governments working to improve water integrity worldwide. We research the impact of corruption and poor integrity in the water sector and advocate for better governance. We also develop and promote tools for more Transparency, Accountability, Participation, and the introduction of Anti-corruption measures at all levels. WIN focuses on capacity development and risk prevention in programmes worldwide, with the aim of improving water sector performance and equity to the benefit of all, especially the most vulnerable. WIN has a small, multilingual and highly committed team to further our mission in close cooperation with partners in government, civil society, and the private sector across the globe.
The Communications Coordinator develops communication plans and products in support of WIN’s vision and mission as described in the WIN Global Strategy 2017-2022. The Communications Coordinator organizes events and creates publications, online material, and other media, targeting a variety of audiences and stakeholders—including partners and the press—to communicate WIN’s messages for the water sector.
- Coordinate WIN communication plans and services
- Develop and monitor implementation of communication plans to support WIN projects and programmes (in three languages: English, French, and Spanish)
- Manage and develop WIN’s online presence (website, social media, external sites…)
- Coordinate the production of WIN publications including the management of content, style, editing, design, translation, and distribution, including the WIN Annual Report 2017
- Coordinate press relations
- Publicize WIN work, both internally and externally
- Monitor news and media related to water and corruption, track coverage of WIN
- Higher degree in journalism, communications, development studies or a related discipline, with 4 years of relevant work experience
- Successful experience in writing and editing communication pieces and developing visual material for the non-profit sector
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Experience in and enthusiasm for managing effective online / social media presence
- Strong command of French and/or Spanish
- Good knowledge of and experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress in particular), website design, and maintenance, virtual networking tools or online communities of practice, and analytics
- Experience in awareness-raising on a subject relevant to this position
- Experience with publication and translation management
- Proficiency with publication and graphic design tools
- Proficiency with database management
- Preferably, experience developing media plans and interacting with the press
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV, including references to: [email protected] Deadline for applications is January 10, 2018.