Relief Applications is a European-based consulting firm that develops innovative solutions for organisations working in the humanitarian and development sectors. We believe that if we bring new approaches and the latest technology to the field, we can make a change and help assist people in need in the fastest and best way possible. Our services are two-fold:
- We provide consulting services in the area of monitoring, evaluation and learning. We evaluate programmes, initiatives and missions, and help develop a strategic direction and vision.
- We develop cutting-edge technology solutions such as smartphone applications, online platforms or alert systems to make humanitarian responses as effective and efficient as possible. We assist in identifying the best technologies for field operations and in designing tailored solutions for the individual projects and contexts.
For our consulting services, we work with consultants from our internal rosters for a variety of functions. A roster is a pool of candidates who have already been vetted as viable candidates through an application process and who are ready for immediate selection. We select candidates from our rosters for function-specific opportunities, determined by emerging needs.
In view of an increased need for consultants with certain profiles, we are extending the scope and size of our rosters. We are looking for technical experts with on-the-ground experience in one (or more) of the following areas: Health, WASH, (Child) Protection, Education, Nutrition, Gender.
Terms of Reference
Support evaluations, assessments and other consultancies providing your expertise in the above mentioned fields. This includes:
- Conducting field missions, including project observation, interviews, focus group discussions, household surveys, etc.
- Conducting assessments or surveys using open source tools like ODK Collect or Kobotoolbox
- Writing detailed interview minutes using QDA software
- Reviewing surveys and questionnaires, testing them and supporting their development
- Assisting with reviewing collected data, data cleaning and data analysis, where required
- Troubleshooting any issues with data uploads and syncing, and working with the Relief Applications team to ensure high quality survey data
- Supporting or conducting meetings, workshops and trainings, where required
- Presenting evaluation or assessment outcomes to the clients
- Drafting, editing and reviewing assessment or evaluation reports
- Keeping your profile, information and availability updated in the roster
- 3 – 5 years of experience in one (or more) of the following humanitarian sectors: Health, WASH, (Child) Protection, Education, Nutrition, Gender
- At least two years of field experience in the area of expertise
- Experience in MEL, assessments, evaluations is an advantage
- Relevant education/degree
- Proficiency in English is a must, proficiency in Arabic, French or Spanish an asset
- Strong ability to work independently, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively/out-of-the-box
- Ability to promote collaboration and coordination within and across teams
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Extremely flexible and adaptable
- Ability to travel, including to remote locations and emergency countries
- Ability to conduct field missions independently with remote support