ACF is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for ACF in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
ACF-Spain is looking for a Flying Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator to work a 70% (as maximum) of the time in the field and 30% at headquarters.
I) Tasks in the field
- Support WASH programs.
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in country of WASH intervention.
- Define strategies of WASH programs in coordination with HQ WASH advisor and field
- Collaboration with other technical departments:
- Represent ACF SPAIN from the different partners in WASH.
- Advice on management WASH teams.
II) Tasks in Headquarters
- Ensure reporting of field missions.
- Active participation in the missions support
- Coordination with WASH department on technical development tasks.
- Collaboration with other departments.
- External communication.
- Excellent knowledge and/or experience of working with WASH programming
- Significant understanding and experience with project budgets and financial management
- Significant understanding and experience of donor requirements and donor reporting
- Excellent and demonstrable project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Previous experience (years): Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience of WASH/field experience.
- Humanitarian sector knowledge: 5 years
- Organization knowledge: preferred
- Languages: English & French
- Mobility (national/ international): 70% Field 30% HQ
- Commitment to Gender Equality: Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Work contract: interim (Maternity Leave)
- Salary: between 28.000 € and € 31.000 € gross per year.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Meal vouchers.
For field assignments, Action Against Hunger covers travel, housing, and per diem costs.