Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Iraq, in January 2015. Tdh has provided cash assistance to displaced and vulnerable host faimilies. Tdh has followed humanitarian developments in through winterization kits and safe water drinking supply. Tdh strategy is to provide integrated humanitarian assistance for all IDPs located between Tikrit tiwn up to Al-Hajaj, as well as all the newly liberated areas, such as Shirgat, Qayyarah and Tal Afar. Tdh is consolidating its assistance to Tooz district which is facing a lack of humanitarian presence and assistance.
Responsabilités principales :
In his/her capacity as representative of Tdh, the WASH WTP Rehabilitation Manager supervises rehabilitation, maintenance and operations activities being implemented in the framework of Tdh Projects. S/he participates in the assessment of WTP and network equipments, testing and maintenance activities, and supervises and follows-up rehabilitation and maintenance works by Tdh staff or external service providers or contractor. S/he validates the quality of the workin regards to the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards. The WASH WTP Rehabilatation Manager will work in different governorates to bring his/her expertise on different locations.
Swiss salaried contract 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Manages time and priorites, meets deadlines
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Supports and advises colleagues
- Adapts communication to the intercultural environment
- Respect for others
As well as the following specific professional competencies:
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Arabic is an asset
- The ability to report clearly diagnosis results, problems and proposed solution.
- The ability to work independently.
- Education degree in a relevant field such as hydrology, hydrolic, geology, civil engineering, environmental engineering…
- Project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in development programmes
- 2-5 years previous work experience in a relevant position
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure