|Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:|
|International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.|
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Programme Design
3. Response Management and Implementation
4. Information and Co-ordination
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
|• Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in Water/Public Health/Sanitation)|
• 7+ years of relevant work experience (minimum of 5 years in humanitarian situations; camp settings a plus) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in emergency response, including rapid assessments and needs analysis
• Experience in hygiene promotion in humanitarian contexts
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
• Profound cross-cultural awareness and sound knowledge of public health issues
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
• Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
• Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
• Sense of humor
• Fluency in English (both oral and written skills)
Emergency WASH Coordinator
International Medical Corps