Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA), based in Bedminster, NJ is a non-profit conservation organization working to protect, preserve and improve water quality and other natural resources of the Raritan River headwaters region through science, education, advocacy and land preservation and stewardship.
About the Position
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate RHA’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Executive Director and Director of Development, the Grant Writer will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources and to maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. This is a part-time consulting position.
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Comfortable working with budgets and interpreting financial statements.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Understand institutional history and programs.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and 3-5 years of relevant experience are required.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals may apply by sending resume with cover letter via email to [email protected]. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.