WaterAid is looking for a Strategy and Funding Advisor to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the support to WA partners to develop and enact effective programme management systems.
- Leading the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy that focusses on strategic goals to accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams.
- Leading the identification of fundraising opportunities to meet funding requirements.
- Work closely with WAU colleagues, Water Aid member fundraising teams to scope opportunities to meet CP funding requirements.
- Leading relationships management with donors. Negotiate required contract amendments or addendums with the donor or member fundraising teams during the grant period.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies or Research studies with a development bias. Master’s in Business Administration in a related field will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian context.
- Experience in preparing budgets & developing monitoring and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of international relationships and reporting requirements.
- Be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to [email protected]
Emails should not exceed 2MB. Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.