WaterAid is looking for a Programme Coordinator Effective institutions (Effecti) to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working closely with the Head of Programmes, your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design of projects within the programme guided by a systems and rights based approach that contribute to the programme goals and strategic objectives of WAU
- Leading the development of a clear plan for delivering the sector capacity strengthening objectives of WAU and for developing, implementing and documenting institutional strengthening methodologies and approaches.
- Responsible for following up on trends in sector processes, strategies and practice to advice senior management on possible actions in terms of delivering organizational messaging at key forums.
- Responsible for building partnerships with government institutions, donors, universities, private sector and research institutions so as to advance WAU’s strategic objectives.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- Masters level qualification in Development Studies, Public Health, or other related discipline.
- Experience in public sector institutional support and/or reform
- Report writing & communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing behaviour change activities
- Be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to [email protected] . Emails should not exceed 2MB. WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.