The Water, Sanitation and Environment team is pleased to announce an opening to become the Practice Lead for Water Supply and Sanitation.
Brief Description of Position:
The Water Sanitation and Environment team manages a set of large projects in the water, environment and renewable energy sectors. The Practice Lead for WSS is a new position recognizing the size, scope and growth in this service line. Reporting to the VP for the WSE group, the Practice Lead will be responsible for the oversight of several projects, as well as playing a leadership role in business development.
The Practice Lead will be based in Ottawa, and will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to deliver our work on improving the provision of water supply and sanitation services in developing countries. A seasoned professional, with over 15 years of experience, the Practice Lead is expected to exhibit initiative, drive and strong team leadership that will help Cowater and the WSE team grow.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- At least 15 years of experience in program management and implementation on international development projects in developing countries;
- Experience managing large, complex development initiatives;
- Comfort working with a multi-disciplinary team in complex environments;
- Demonstrated experience in water supply and sanitation;
- Proven experience managing multiple partnerships with stakeholders from public and private sectors as well as civil society;
- Strong ability to analyze prevailing socioeconomic conditions and lessons learned to support policy recommendations and reform;
- Master’s degree or higher qualification in water supply/sanitation engineering;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Excellent speaking, writing and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong ability to multi-task and to handle complex programming challenges.
- Proven experience working on GAC funded programs or other major funding agencies, a strong asset.
- Professional level fluency in French is considered highly desirable.
All applications are to be submitted through our website. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.