- Fulfill the role of lead environmental representative on multiple transport project delivery teams, providing advice about environmental assessment and management requirements in relation to planning, design, construction and/or maintenance projects. This will include the management of external consultants and specialists as required, and on in-house projects, lead the project environmental assessment.
- Promote, foster and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and agencies concerned with the management of environment and cultural heritage issues in the state controlled road reserve.
- Lead audits of environmental compliance on the Departments road construction and maintenance contracts.
- Provide advice about the environmental impacts of development applications and any relevant legislative and departmental requirements.
- Participate and represent the Region and the Department on various external working committees.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the Departments Environmental Management System and Practices.
This role reports to the Principal Environmental Officer
- Bachelor degree from a tertiary institution in environmental management, or resource management, or environmental science, or equivalent qualification is mandatory; and
- Current holder of Class C driver’s licence.
Relevant environmental management experience associated with the delivery of infrastructure projects and maintenance of linear infrastructure.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.