Field of activity
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Service has recently submitted an offer for the new EU FWC for the implementation of external aid 2018. The FWC will provide services for the benefit of third countries receiving EU external aid.
GIZ Ins in the view of the implementation of the new FWC is looking for senior (+10 y) and Junior (+5 y) short term experts in climate change adaptation and/or mitigation. The experts selected will be part of a shortlist of profiles to be called during the project implementation period and according to the expertise required by each Request for Services launched by the European Commission.
- Master’s Degree in a development related field such as development economics, environmental economics, public administration, public finance, or environmental studies;
- Minimum 5 years (for Juniors) and 10 years (for Seniors) of experience with demonstrated solid knowledge of climate change mitigation and /or adaptation, mainstreaming of climate change into policies, resilience of infrastructure to climate change, EE and RE, climate finance, DRR/DRM, early warning systems;
- Experience in working with governments of developing countries is a key asset;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Working knowledge and fluency in French and/or Portuguese and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
Commencement date is scheduled for the first trimester 2018. The overall FWC duration will be 2 years and renewable other 2 years. The framework contract will be implemented through the re-opening of competition system and therefore through specific contracts.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 28.02.2018.
+ 49(0) 6196 79-3054