Description of the Position
The Research/Operations Associate will support the USAID Water Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) Project, a 5-year project that supports the work of USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment, Water Office (E3/W) to implement knowledge management and communication services in support of the Water and Development Strategy, and any follow-on water strategy.
The position is based in the project office in Arlington, VA (near the Rosslyn Metro station) and reports directly to the Water CKM Project’s Chief of Party (COP). The Research/Operations Associate will support ongoing research efforts related to water-related programming in developing areas (50%), as well as tasks related to administration and finance and the proper functioning of the project office (50%).
- Maintain a database of USAID water-related programs with detailed information on activities, funding, successes;
- Collect annual reports, work plans, fact sheets and evaluations of USAID water-related programs;
- Conduct extensive literature reviews for water-related topics and research queries;
- Assist in evaluation coding and reporting; and
- Additional research tasks.
- Support the project team with filing, bookkeeping, financial reporting, maintaining records, procurement, and communications with vendors;
- Prepare and disseminate teleconference and meeting notes;
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding personnel for short-term technical assistance missions, including posting ads, contacting potential candidates, and formatting CVs;
- Organize logistics for conference calls and meetings;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the project office by ordering office supplies and cultivating and maintaining good working relationships with service providers;
- Coordinate the preparation of project reporting deliverables, including financial reports, performance reports, and workplans;
- Collect and report on quarterly programmatic metrics for the project; and
- Support such project needs as printing, staff travel arrangements, etc.
Knowledge Management and Communications
- Lead planning, manage logistics and facilitate operations for project events and webinars;
- Copy edit and format reports and publications prepared by the project team;
- Promote project-related products and articles on social media; and
- Transcribe podcasts.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, international development, economics, or another related field;
- Experience supporting research activities;
- Experience in administration and finance, preferably in a consulting firm;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- High levels of organization and attention to detail;
- Sound judgment and initiative;
- Ability to work independently within a team;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel; and
- Prior experience with QuickBooks® or similar accounting software a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please. M/F/D/V EOE/AA
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with 24 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries [CPCs] and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since 1997, ECODIT has managed multiple complex, multi-year multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects in the clean energy, water, environment and rural tourism sectors, as well as dozens of short-term, rapid-turnaround assignments in nearly 50 developing countries in all regions of the world. More information is available at www.ecodit.com