The objective of this consultancy is to support the MRCS Planning Division in carrying out the implementation of Joint Action Plan during phases 1 and 2 and assisting in the overall implementation of the MRC Procedures through working with concerned MRCS staffs and other international consultants. There is a maximum of 51 working days / Special Service Agreement
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 10 years of experience in IWRM and natural resource management;
- Current knowledge of transboundary RBO management and associated procedures of the MRC;
- Experience in facilitating technical dialogue on sensitive water management issues;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the public;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing with a wide range of people;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; TOEIC certificate with 700 and over is required;
- Familiarity with the LMB and Mekong River Commission is beneficial.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) MRC Personal History Form and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 29 December 2017