Are you a natural storyteller with a sharp editorial eye? Are you equally comfortable editing videos and designing in Adobe Creative Suite? Would you like to help end the global water & sanitation crisis?
WaterAid’s New York team is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to develop compelling stories about the people we serve that can communicate the impact of water and sanitation on communities around the world. In this role, you will harness content from WaterAid’s teams around the world, synchronize outgoing messages, and inject some pizazz into our digital media. You will play an integral role in content development and the editorial process while generally keeping the Marketing & Engagement team on track.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring communications pro to work with a small and dedicated team, add practical to tools to the toolbox, and gain professional development as you learn about international development from one of the world’s leading non-profits.
- Work with the Senior Communication and Media Manager to develop content for the Annual Report, marketing materials and other publications
- Write long- and short-form content, including success stories, articles, op-eds, social media entries, blogs, newsletters, fact sheets, presentations etc.
- Write news/press releases, securing approval(s) as needed.
- Develop social media calendar and act as the primary content developer to push updated and relevant content to WaterAid’s social media channels
- Coordinate the editorial and production process by receiving and incorporating input across multiple departments/ international offices, liaise with printers and producers on deadlines and logistics
- Support the editorial process and production of infographics, images, and short videos and multimedia scripts
- Identify trends and areas of focus for new content creation and work closely with colleagues to identify stories that amplify WaterAid’s impact
- Support fundraising campaign and appeals
- Provide communications support for special events, exhibits and fundraisers
- Help identify potential media opportunities and track hits, reach and other metrics
- Support team functions from taking meeting minutes to liaising with vendors to budget reporting.
- Curious and creative: You are open to feedback and you keep an eye on trends.
- Resourceful. You are a quick learner who finds the right tool to tell the right story.
- Organized. You know details make or break the end result.
- Persistent and optimistic. You are committed to a career with impact and have the tenacity to find your way around the inevitable roadblock or two.
Essential skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations.
- 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in a non-profit
- Copywriting experience, especially for social media
- Demonstrated knowledge of design tools (PhotoShop, InDesign or Canva)
- Comfortable creating and editing video for social media
- An interest in web technologies
- A sharp eye for detail and improvements
- Ability to think and act proactively, independently (with limited supervision)
- Natural interest and willingness to learn anything and everything
- Formal design training (coursework)
- Experience using a CMS
- Familiarity with Buffer or other social media software
- Interested or experienced with on-page SEO best-practices
- Spanish and/or French language proficiency is helpful
WaterAid America offers a competitive salary and benefits package and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply. Work authorization for the United States is required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED