About International Center on Small Hydro Power
International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP) is a public and non-profit institution directly under auspices of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), China’s Ministry of Water Resources and Ministry of Commerce. ICSHP serves as the headquarters of the International Network on Small Hydro Power (INSHP), an international organization with more than 400 members from 78 countries.
• Improve small hydropower development in China by communicating with small hydropower technology centers worldwide and promoting new technology;
• Facilitate technology transfer between China and IN-SHP member countries and use appropriate technology to carry out rural electrification projects in poor areas;
• Find international sponsors and secure funding for small hydropower cooperation between China and IN-SHP member countries;
• Assist with project management of bilateral / multilateral projects within China;
• Provide and develop proposal development inputs and grant reporting.
University degree in one of the following areas: Chinese Affairs, international or development economics, international relations or engineering.
• Knowledge of renewable energy sector;
• Excellent communication skills to maintain relations with bilateral donor institutions;
• Project management experience;
• Background knowledge of renewable energy sector in China desirable;
• Experience of working in a developing country organisation for at least one year, preferably in the field of environmental issues / social development and poverty issues/ international aid (preferably in NGOs or international organisations);
• Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver tasks on time;
• Ability to work independently;
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Salary and Visa Information
The role here is classified as ‘voluntary’. Applications will therefore have to apply for the “F” Business Visa generally. Here at the ICSHP, whilst we cannot influence the outcome of any visa decision, we do provide administrative support for your application.
The successful candidate will be provided, in return for full time hours (8.30-16.30 Monday to Friday) the following:
– Free and secure accommodation at the center with cooking facilities
– One free meal Monday to Friday
– Basic stipend to meet additional needs (3,000 RMB/month)
It is important that given the voluntary nature of the position that any applicants have the necessary finance to purchase the flight and obtain the “F” visa as the center does not reimburse these costs.
Length of contract is for 6 months initially (with the option to extend).
Preferred starting date: as soon as possible