Responsibilities and tasks
- Provide administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the initiative/regional programme, including the preparation of a work calendar, contractual agreements, and annual plan and progress reports.
- Receive guests and visitors of the programme and theme.
- Ensure availability/functioning of required stationery and equipment.
- Prepare the annual event calendar and related budgets; liaise with other relevant administrative sections for event organization and management.
- Prepare participants’ lists, dispatch invitations, and manage follow-up communication.
- Arrange travel and vehicles as required and manage travel claim distribution.
- Arrange other logistical requirements for event, including travel/hotel/vehicle requirements, stationery, and other equipment.
- Ensure the completion of financial reports against the standard checklist.
- Monitor project budget utilization and payments, and liaise with the Finance Unit for timely release of payments.
- Assist team members in typing, formatting, and printing reports and documents.
- Manage the unit’s information management system, including proper filing of documents.
- Prepare submissions for the web and newsletter as required.
- Maintain an updated contact list and communicate with external parties as required.
- Execute other tasks given by the Regional Programme Manager/Programme Coordinator as required and within one’s capacity.
- Work in close collaboration with the Programme Officer to ensure smooth operation of the initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred. An advanced degree or experience related to social and environmental sciences and natural resource management will be an asset.
- At least two years of work experience in an administrative capacity.
- Experience in financial reporting and maintenance of accounts.
- Strong interest to work in administration in the environment and development sector.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English and Nepali languages.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications).
- Teamwork and cooperation: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in the team to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet team objectives
- Result orientation: Ability to proactively approach the smooth organisation of internal processes; ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline, and self-motivation
- Cross cultural impact: Respective and adjust to cultural differences; accurately understands cultural differences.
- Networking, stakeholder management: Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders through telephone, email, and face-to-face interactions regarding operational issues and queries; maintain effective working relations. Able to handle difficult conversations in a professional matter.
- Behavioural flexibility and managing change: Able to easily adapt to new situations and changes at work and to adopt a positive approach to change
- Self-development: Able to demonstrate a continuous learning attitude; asks for feedback on his or her performance
- Continuous improvement & innovation: Easily implements new technologies and approaches when necessary; continually improves work processes and questions status quo practices/traditions and assumptions
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a Day-Care Center at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organisational and programmatic levels.
Method of application
Applicants are requested to apply online before 15 Dec 2017 through ICIMOD’s online application system. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.