The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation to Ethiopia is looking for a qualified candidate to fill up the following vacant position based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to regions.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the design process of new Regional Prisons (including details of building, services and infrastructural design) in collaboration with the Regional Prisons Authority and under the direct supervision of WatHab delegate;
- In coordination with Authority, follow the construction implementation and advise them on possible modification and improvement on the contract management;
- Designs, and manages the implementation of, any other detention projects assigned by the water and habitat coordinator or delegate. These will likely include any project related to the prison buildings and facilities as: cell block, water supply, kitchen, wastewater projects, etc.
- Reports verbally, by narrative and financially on projects under their management to the water and habitat Delegate in charge for the Prison structural support;
- Represents the ICRC in meetings with Prison Authorities and other Government Authorities and with Commercial Companies, International Organisation and Non-Governmental Organisations that the ICRC water and habitat department collaborates with.
Main Tasks associated with the Design of Prison project
- Develop a close relationship with Regional Authority and designer companies assigned for the design of new prisons and define an accurate plan of action to support them in all phases of the process
- Collects all the necessary data and information to develop the new Prison design as well the modification of existent. This will include:
- Operational procedure in use with scope to adapt the new Site layout, building services and infrastructure accordingly;
- Site features and infrastructure availability.
- Coordinates with other ICRC departments concerning the project under his responsibility.
- Implements and supervises the correct application of all Administration and Logistical procedures for the preparation of ROs, Tenders, Selection tables, Contracts Prepare short and long-term budget forecast and follow up on all expenditures related to the project.
Educational Background/Work Experience/Competencies
- University degree in Architecture or Engineering (civil, structural or hydraulic)
- Two years' professional experience in a related field of activity.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
- Experience managing 1–3 technical support staff.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficient in use of drawing software
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and MS project-management suite or equivalent; proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint as well as Photoshop
- Team leadership skills;
- Very good analytical skills
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are requested to submit ONLY their application/cover letter and CV to Add_hr_services@icrc.org (Warning: Do not attach zipped files!!). Please put Wathab Engineer on the subject line. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa or send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Unit, P.o.Box 5701, Addis Ababa. Closing date for application will be on Monday, December 11, 2017. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.