IWA is a worldwide network for water professionals and companies, with a membership comprising leading companies in the fields of water services, infrastructure engineering and consulting as well as more than 10,000 individuals. The IWA network is structured to promote multi-level collaboration among its diverse membership groups, and to share the benefit of knowledge on water science, technology and management worldwide. Each year IWA organises and sponsors over 40 specialised conferences and seminars on a wide variety of topics in water management in locations worldwide. IWA publishes 12 scientific journals and 40+ books per year on water management. IWA develops leading edge innovations and synthesises these through the work of the 52 IWA Specialist Groups and a set of global programmes focused on for example Cities of the Future, Water & Sanitation Services and Basins of the Future. IWA has a worldwide staff of approximately 40, with headquarters in London and offices in The Hague (Netherlands), Nanjing, Beijing and Nairobi.
About IWA Internships
IWA provides opportunities for young professionals to gain practical experience through providing internship and trainee positions. Interns are normally completing or have recently completed a relevant graduate course, who intends to study further or pursue a career within a field related to IWA’s activities. Internships are part of a young professional’s professional development and provide ample opportunities to develop skills and knowledge.
- Duration: 6 months
- Duty station: IWA Global Operations, The Hague, Netherlands
- Reporting to: Programmes Officer
Under the general supervision of the Programmes Officer, the intern has the responsibility to:
- Support the further development of the Basins of the Future programme, linking to other IWA programmes and member activities, as well providing inputs into future developments.
- Support communications to promote the Basins of the Future programme and relevant projects
- Support daily implementation of projects within the Basins of the Future Programme
- Administration and Management Support The intern will carry out the following tasks
Key Selection Areas:
- University level education in a relevant discipline (civil engineering, environmental engineering, water resources management, environment/water policy);
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English including ability to undertake research and synthesize information into summary reports and for database entry;
- Adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word;
- Experience in updating and maintaining content on websites and social media;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to take initiative;
- Organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to manage competing priorities monitor and coordinate administrative processes and information flows to meet deadlines;
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- Experience in the preparation of documents/publications and/or academic research;
- Knowledge of water management issues such as water-energy-food nexus issues, water quality, floods and droughts management, mining and agriculture
- Knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, for example);
- International experience;
- Master’s degree.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to submit their CV in English and a supporting letter of motivation along with the names and contact details of at least 2 referees. Applications should be submitted by e-mail before 13th December 2017 to: IWA Human Resources department [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that if you have a sponsor, grant or scholarship to support this internship, please inform us in the supporting letter of motivation.