Head of Programme – Risk and Resilience
Salary: £62,945 – £77,377
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Programme to lead and manage the Risk and Resilience Programme. This position will join a particularly active group, which has been successful in attracting numerous multi-year projects and has enjoyed increasing influence in international and national policy agendas.
This role will lead on business strategy and management, partnership development and fund-raising, and programme management and operations. The head of programme will also be responsible for development and delivery of research, advisory and public affairs work on the areas of the programme. To inform policy at international and governmental level through this work.
You will be responsible in particular for:
- Providing strategic oversight and leadership to the ODI team’s working on the Building Resilience to Climate Extremes and Disasters (BRACED) and Pathways to Resilience in Semi-Arid Economies (PRISE) programmes.
- Developing within the context of the overall ODI strategy, medium-term and periodic (mainly annual) strategies for the Programme, including Business Plans;
- Development of external partnerships and funding streams
- Strengthening the influence and impact of research and policy work in R&R;
- Managing operations for R&R (including oversight of the systems, processes and support staff).
- A degree and post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Extensive knowledge of key issues and organisations in international development
- A strong personal record in the relevant field including publications
- Proven ability to fundraise and build programmes of work
- Demonstrated capacity for policy advisory and/or public affairs work, based on an analytical approach
- First hand developing country experience
- Ability to lead a research, policy advice and public affairs team, including encouraging good and managing poor performance.
- Project Management Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, ability to innovate in order to overcome problems.
- High level skills in consultation, negotiation, persuasion and influencing.
Closing date: 13/07/2016
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 3327 7290 or email [email protected].
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248