To assist attorneys in their work for clients who are engaged in a wide variety of environmental, water resource, land use and technical policy arenas. The position would work closely with a Supervising Attorney and Client on a variety of resource-focused matters, and requires a broad range of abilities, dexterity to operate in multiple ongoing matters, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The position requires a broad, interdisciplinary understanding of environmental policy issues, with primary focus on water resources in California along with an in-depth understanding of the political, economic, and social aspects of environmental and water resource issues. Qualified candidates will have a basic understanding of land use and water resource issues and environmental laws and policies with specific focus on NEPA/CEQA processes.Identify and track ongoing CEQA and NEPA processes of interest to Client as directed; Review and organize documentation for identified processes.
- Identify and track ongoing CEQA and NEPA processes of interest to Client as directed; Review and organize documentation for identified processes.
- Identify and monitor ongoing third party legislative, administrative or litigation processes. Examples: Clean Water Fund Bill; Cal Water Fix Hearings, SGMA
- Conduct research on program and policy initiatives of interest to Client as directed by overseeing attorney and client. includes internet and other research, personal interviews etc.
- Create printable and electronically shareable publications to support clients’ internal and external communications activities, and to support attorney work product.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Policy, Political Science, Economics, Geography or related field; Advanced courses in environmental science, and micro- and macro-economics.
- Work experience in areas of policy development and the environment. Including internships, volunteer work or summer work in the field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and training.
- This position is an exempt, full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package that is commensurate with experience and education.