American Progress has an immediate opening for a Climate Research Analyst to join the Center for American Progress Action Fund War Room, the organization’s advocacy and communications arm. The Climate Research Analyst will conduct investigations into the executive branch, monitor the news, produce rapid-response pushback, and anticipate reactions to events. A good eye for building narratives and finding original angles is a must. The ideal candidate should have experience working with communications professionals and the ability to organize raw research into products that help shape stories for reporters and advocates. The position will work under the guidance of the Senior Campaign Manager for Climate.
- Lead investigative research, including on ethics, conflicts of interest, and policy matters.
- Closely monitor political and policy conversation regarding energy and climate change and make strategic recommendations for long-term investigations.
- Produce products with original and existing research to effectively drive media coverage and build narratives for advocates.
- Engage in rapid-response research and communications efforts.
- Help with fact-checking.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years of experience in political research, communications, or advocacy.
- Excellent research, writing, and communications skills.
- Strong understanding of national politics and interest in energy and environmental policy.
- Understanding of political research files and material.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with attention to deadlines and sometimes rapidly changing needs.
- Adept at effectively searching LexisNexis, the Congressional Record, court filings, and government records.
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
To apply E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: .
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.