The Pacific Institute is seeking a full-time Research Associate. The following are the core functions of this position:
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis on water-related topics;
- Gather information and data through research and contacts in partnership with other researchers and organizations;
- Document and write up results of work performed;
- Assist with the preparation of final reports and written products in both technical and non-technical areas;
- Assist in preparing communications materials on research topics;
- Help with fundraising activities, and help prepare reports for foundations and donors; and
- Provide support to project managers, including coordinating internal meetings with the project team and external meetings with stakeholders and taking notes during meetings
During 2018, anticipated programmatic work includes:
- Conducing a literature review on the benefits of green infrastructure and other Integrated Water Management strategies;
- Organizing stakeholder engagement workshops and outreach on the multiple benefits of Integrated Water Management;
- Analyzing policies and incentives for promoting efficiency and stormwater capture in urban areas; and
- Reviewing, analyzing, and synthesizing data on water-related conflicts.
- Advanced degree in water resources, natural resource management, engineering, or relevant field;
- Two to four years work experience in relevant field;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with data management and statistics;
- Coursework or work experience in economics and/or cost-benefit analysis;
- Operational experience with ESRI GIS software;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills with public speaking experience; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Location: This position is in our Oakland office.
Equal Opportunities: Pacific Institute is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Start Date: Available immediately
Application Procedure Please send a cover letter, indicating the posting number (2017-2) and name of the job opening (“Research Associate”), resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to: [email protected] No phone calls. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.