CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist in all aspects of the operation and development of its ground-breaking water program. The position is based in CDP’s European office in Berlin.
CDP’s water program was launched in 2010 to protect the world’s water resources by providing critical water-related data from the world’s largest corporations to inform the global market place on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to catalyze action towards improved corporate water stewardship. With the backing of 643 financial institutions with over EUR 60 trillion in assets, the program has just completed a highly successful sixth year working with a sample of the world’s largest water-intensive companies.
This is an exciting role in a program that is expanding rapidly across the globe. The position reports directly to the Regional Director France & Benelux, with a dotted line to the Global Head of Water. The successful candidate will work to raise the profile of CDP’s water program across Europe and drive effective corporate action to protect water in over 300 of Europe’s largest companies, with the support of the wider CDP team.
The role includes:
- Driving effective corporate action to protect water by:
- Engaging with target companies by way of face to face meetings, telephone calls and email
- Working with financial institutions to promote direct investor engagement with European companies
- Championing, educating and supporting existing CDP Europe staff on water issues.
- Enabling disclosure of critical water-related data by 300 and more companies by supporting the engagement efforts of other colleagues in CDP Europe.
- Raising the profile of CDP’s work on water across Europe with key stakeholders by:
- Speaking at CDP events and external events on CDP’s water work in Europe
- Supporting the European team to shape and develop CDP events including workshops, webinars and launch events.
- Developing communications materials, writing blogs or opinion pieces.
- Leading the production and launch of a compelling annual European water results report.
- Contributing to the sustainable funding of CDP by:
- Supporting the sales and delivery of CDP’s water-related products and services.
- Identifying opportunities for fundraising and income generation across a wide range of sources.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar field
- Sales and account management experience
- A strong understanding of the business issues and opportunities around water and the ability to provide technical support
- Passion for protecting water resources through changing the status quo of how companies manage them
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility of the program and work to develop it in this region
- Strong IT experience; high proficiency in excel and power point and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Presentation skills
- The ability to build strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including investors, companies, policy makers and other NGO’s
- The ability to deliver under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard
- A flexible but diligent working style with a proven record of working within a team
- Excellent English
- A working knowledge of the CDP questionnaires, especially water
- Other European languages (particularly German, French, Spanish or Swedish).
- Experience working across Europe
- Experience in report writing
- CRM experience
- A relevant degree
The position is project based and employment is limited to the beginning of 2018 (with an option of extension depending on project funding).
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU.
Benefits: Competitive NGO salary, annual bonus, 30 days holiday.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to Laurent Babikian, [email protected] with “Senior Project Manager, CDP’s water program” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is June 30th 2016