Bangladesh nationals: Associate Project Analyst
The Associate Project Analyst is expected to provide administrative and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management and project administration in the Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development (ANR) sector, under the guidance of designated international and national staff.
- Administration of Projects and Portfolio: Maintain database for managing Bangladesh and sectors portfolios; Compile statistical data on projects/technical assistance (TAs) and process such data into meaningful reports for inclusion in the Bangladesh Resident Mission's (BRM's) portfolio review papers including those for country portfolio review missions and other portfolio review meetings; Monitor progress on contract awards and disbursements and implementation of agreed actions, and alert Portfolio Management Unit (PMU) Head on possible risks, and suggest steps to be undertaken to improve progress; Coordinate meetings on portfolio performance including preparing project performance reports, minutes of meetings, and following up with concerned parties on the implementation of the agreed measures.; Actively contribute to the administration of assigned projects, including the review of bidding documents and evaluation reports, preparation of project performance reports, and drafting of correspondence; Provide timely and quality data entry, verification, retrieval and analysis as required for maintenance and active use of monitoring tools such as procurement review system, audit tracking tool, contract awards, disbursement, etc.; Assist in planning of the performance of projects, including consolidating projections contract award and disbursement targets, and other performance indicators; Assist in preparing Tripartite Portfolio Review Meetings (TPRMs), Country Portfolio Review Missions (CPRMs), and other high-level meetings; Conduct review of audited project financial statements, liaise with financial management specialist, ensure compliance with financial agreements, and provide guidance to executing agencies for timely actions.
- Efficient Use of IT Systems: Conduct data gathering and analysis using ADB's various information systems, such as eOperations, the Loan/Grant/Technical Assistance Financial Information Systems, and dashboard; Efficiently extract data from various information systems and develop spreadsheet analysis for finding issues and solutions; Update individual eOperation records for loans and technical assistance projects (TAs) if required, outlining all required details, for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, action taken/proposed, and participating in the meetings when needed; Regularly upload all necessary reports to the eOperations, and maintain data integrity through a quarterly data validation process on a timely basis.
- Project/Technical Assistance Implementation: Liaise with and support BRM Staff, HQ Staff, and government agencies, to facilitate administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loan and technical assistance projects in agriculture, natural resource, and rural development; and to ensure the implementation of the agreed plan for project administration; Monitor physical progress of the loan and TA projects implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EAs) to expedite procurement/contract awards; familiarizing EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensuring their compliance with loan covenants; following up submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.; supervising the maintenance of related documents, records and files for delegated projects; maintaining computer-based information system for project administration matters; Assist in monitoring project and loan/TA closing dates and take necessary administration actions, including seeking approvals for extension of loan/TA closing dates; Monitor progress in terms of outputs and deliverables, following up submission of project reports, financial statement etc; Provide support in preparing Project Completion Reports and TA Completion Reports as needed; Act as a division coordinator for eOperations, and provide technical support to the RM operations staff to ensure timely validation of the project performance records in eOperations.
- Review of Procurement and Consultant Recruitment under Loan/TA projects: Assist in implementation of procurement plans and review of procurement documents including draft technical designs and cost estimates; Review procurement and consultant recruitment submissions, consolidate comments from other staff, and prepare internal approval documents; Monitor the procurement status of various contract packages of the assigned projects using appropriate tools and provide necessary support to the EAs to ensure timely award of contracts as per the approved procurement plan; Prepare necessary documents and processes the recruitment of various consultants for the assigned TA projects through Consultant Management System (CMS)
- Disbursements: Assist in processing disbursements for assigned projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications, reviewing withdrawal applications for compliance with the loan disbursement handbook, and preparing/reviewing data input for Procurement Contract Summary Sheet (PCSS) to update the Loan/Grant Financial Information Systems.
- Mission Participation: Participate if necessary in various missions such as inception, project review, and project completion report missions; assist in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciling project accounts, and reviewing compliance with loan covenants, and ADB safeguards and gender policies; familiarize EAs with ADB's procedures and policies; and assist them where necessary in preparation of various reports and applications. Information
- Information Dissemination: Provide government departments and EAs regular updates of project performance reports (PPRs) of projects; Act as the first-line of information for BRM in handling requests from government agencies and others for data and status reports on ADB assisted projects; Coordinate such efforts within the office to ensure correct and timely responses by BRM to EAs/others.
- Document Review and Correspondence: Contribute to the review of various documents, for example, bidding documents, bid evaluation reports, contract variations, and proposals for contract awards; consultants reports; assist as required in drafting various papers, for example, back-to-office reports, mission aide memoires, project completion reports, routine faxes and letters on project implementation matters, etc. for assigned projects.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional and/or academic qualification in civil engineering in water resource and environment, agriculture engineering or economics, environmental engineering, and related area.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in water resource management, environmental management, agriculture, climate change, rural development, or other related work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ADB operational processes and procedures
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports
- Good analytical thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Proficiency in using Microsoft software packages for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database applications and other required information technologies
- Knowledge of contract administration practices, procurement rules and regulations and their applications in the country context
- Able to provide guidance to other Administrative Staff (AS) staff on assigned area of work
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial 3 years fixed term basis.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Bangladesh.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.