WASH Program Manager (EPR)
- Job number: SRH01929
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Statut: Salarié
- Salary period: Month
- Currency: EUR
- Contract Type: Short term contract
- Country: South Sudan
Desired start date: December 2017
Duration of the mission: 6 months renewables
SI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, and has developed activities in emergency and post emergency contexts, particularly in rural and semi-urban areas. Its expertise in running emergency WaSH intervention is highly acknowledged by all WaSH actors and donors present in the country.
We currently operate an Emergency Preparedness and Response program throughout the entire country, as well as Wash activities in the PoC in Malakal, and emergency Wash assistance in informal settlements in Upper West Nile state, we have also started recently a Wash in health program in Raja.
The mission strategy is to continue along with our focus on WASH/EPR interventions and to develop stronger responses to food security and livelihood needs.
The mission coordination is based in Juba (5 expatriates) as well as the EPR team (4 expatriates). The Malakal base (4 expatriates) is also supporting a sub-base in Aburoc (1 expatriate), we have another base in Raja with 2 expatriates, that will be growing in January (4 expatriates from January). The current Head of mission has stabilized the expatriate turnover on the mission with more experienced coordinators and the team benefits from a lasting positive dynamic.
You can find all the information about the Solidarités International (SI) South Sudan's mission here:
About the job
- In line with the Deputy EPR coordinator, to ensure emergency response to accurate WASH needs
- Team management of all operational staff including trainings
- Collaboration with support department (logistics, admin and HR)
- Proper organisation of all aspects related to the EPR WASH reponse
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, hydraulics, water network management, or similar field
- At least two years of program management experience in WASH including a field experience (conflict/ post conflict area) of implementing emergency humanitarian programs
- Working knowledge of repair and maintenance requirement of India Mark hand pumps, bio sand filter and surface water treatment plant
- Experience in training; ability to design and implement training sessions on Water Treatment Plant / hand pump maintenance and repair, water analysis, etc.
- Working knowledge of sensitization methodologies and experience in targeted hygiene promotion activities
- Experience in community mobilization and skills in developing the social aspect of water management
- Experience in emergency response required and establishing temporary water points
- Experience on team management
- Preferable experience in organizing and conducting KAP surveys
- Experience with SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is an asset
- Humanitarian program implementation/ follow-up
- Good skills in staff management
- Technical support for the staff
- Knowledge of emergency humanitarian strategies
- Good command of initial evaluation tools in emergency contexts
- Writing skills
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Knowledge in GPS / Google earth
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Salaried post: According to experience from 1760 euros gross per month (1600 based salary plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD.
Solidarités International will cover accommodation and travel expenses from the expatriate’s home country to the site of the assignment.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: one week at three and nine months (with a 500 euro allowance) and two weeks at six months (with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités).
Contact: Mano GAUDIN, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer